- Expert economic research on the World Cup is featured in "Bidding for Fool's Gold? The Uncertain Benefits of Hosting the World Cup"
- Claire Coker, Economics major, speaks at the Haslam College of Business dedication ceremony
- A study by Charles Sims, Assistant Professor of Economics and a faculty fellow at UT's Howard Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy, has been published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences early edition
- T. Boone Pickens hosts student roundtable
- Professor Bill Neilson visits Chengdu, China
- Lawrence LaPlue, Graduate Student in Economics, receives "Excellence in Research Award"
- Liang Yin, Graduate Student in Economics, receives "Best First-Year Graduate Student Award"
- Don Clark completes his term as Executive VP of the International Trade and Finance Association
- Economics majors Zach McCormick and Wilson Waller honored for their student-owned businesses in the UT Undergraduate Business Plan Competition
- Dr. Marianne Wanamaker has been named a Faculty Research Fellow by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER).
- Congratulations to the Winners of the J. Fred and Wilma Holly Award for Excellence in Presented Research
- Thien Mai, Economics Minor received a Divisional Award at the Eureca Exhibition of Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement
- Spring 2014 Honors Reception Recognizes the Outstanding Achievements
of our Undergraduate and Graduate Students Receiving Their Degree
- Economics faculty, graduate students, and staff earn prestigious honors
at the 2014 Haslam College of Business Awards Reception
- Economics Undergraduates' Receive Chancellor's Academic Achievement and Outstanding Scholar Athlete Awards
- Congratulations to the UT Economics Club UP to US Campaign
- UT Economics Graduate new Research Fellow at Stanford Law School
- Economics Club collaborates with organizations to break the record for largest Fort Box
- Natalia Gritsko is the first recipient of the J. Fred and Wilma Holly Fellowship for Published Research
- Economics major, Nate Massey, part of UT Team that Outperforms Market in TVA Investment Challenge
- Economics Club Brings Federal Budget Simulator to Campus
- Drs. Scott Holladay and Georg Schaur: Olympic Infrastructure Investments, Not Venues, Bring Economic Growth
- 'Up to Us' helps students step toward national debt solutions
- Georg Schaur, Associate Professor in Economics, awarded Quest Scholar of the Week
- Dr. Marianne Wanamaker won the University of Tennessee Outstanding MBA First Year Faculty Award.
- Dr. Ken Baker was named the outstanding faculty member for the 2013 Aerospace Executive MBA program.
- Economics major Linda Hadfield was recognized with the Lady Vol Academic Achiever Award at a recent basketball game.
- Annette Tower, Graduate Student in Economics, receives “Best First-Year Graduate Student Award”
- Dr. George Anthony Spiva, Jr., professor emeritus of economics, passed away on Friday, July 19, 2013. He was 85.
- Chelsea Padgham, Senior in Economics, Wins First Place
in the Vol Court Fall 2013 Competition
- Dr. William Neilson, the Department Chair for Economics, served as a Vols' honorary coach for the game against Vanderbilt.
- The Knoxville Economics Forum and Economics Department hosts guest speaker Peter Diamond, November 8, 2013.
- Economics Club members enter Five-week Economic Campaign to Educate on National Debt Effects
- Jilleah Welch, Graduate Student in Economics, receives “Excellence in Research Award”
- Jens Schubert awarded 2012-2013 "Outstanding Graduate Student Presentation" Economics Brown Bag Workshop.
UT Economics Club Wins iOme Financial Literacy Challenge and $12,000
A plan developed by University of Tennessee, Knoxville, students that would help remove barriers and create incentives for the millennial generation to save more money has won a national financial literacy challenge. The UT Economics Club won the 2012-2013 iOme Challenge, which includes a $12,000 cash prize and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to present their entry to members of Congress and other policy makers at the Women�s Institute for a Secure Retirement (WISER) conference this April.
This is the first time that UT has participated in the four-year-old event. Ken Baker, a senior lecturer in the UT Department of Economics, was the team�s faculty adviser and will receive a $2,000 cash prize.
To view UT�s winning essay and video, visit the iOme website.
2013 Haslam College of Business Awards Banquet
Three members of the Department of Economics earn prestigious honors.
- It was announced again that Bill Fox had been named the Macebearer for the University, which is the highest faculty honor our campus bestows.
- Julie Butler won the Graduate Student Teaching Award
- Susan McGee won the Outstanding Staff Award for Professionalism
Members of the Department of Economics participated in this year's Love Your Libraries 5k Run on Saturday, March 2. As a team, they collected two plaques (Largest Team and Fastest Team Overall) and several other individual awards. As a department they donated a combined $300 to the UT Libraries.
Department of Economics ~ 507 Stokely Management Center ~ 916 Volunteer Boulevard ~ Knoxville, TN ~ 37996-0550
Phone: 865-974-3303 ~ Fax: 865-974-4601 ~ Email: email@example.com